Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sicky Stuff

Sorry I have been out of the blog-o-sphere lately.  My whollllle house caught that awesome stomach bug this weekend.  Saturday night hub's belly was making the worst growling noises I've ever heard.  Baby J was up next followed by me mid-afternoon Monday.  It's been horrible and I would not wish this on my enemy.  But there are some things that I noticedwe seem we needed to have on hand/in-stock to help us survive this nasty stomach bug. 

1. Pedialyte + Gatorade = Dehydration's Worst Nightmare


Someone originally told us to have Jackson drink 1/2 pedialyte, 1/2 Gatorade with a splash of water and we allllll drank so much of it.  When you feel like you can't get anything down, try it!  We liked the grape flavors. 


Apparently Elmo needed some pedia/rade mixture, too.


2. LYSOL!
Every mommy's favorite thing.  I remember my roommate used to follow me around with Lysol whenever I got sick.  I used to think she was kooky... now you can find me doing the same thing.  Lysol spray, Lysol brand cleaner with bleach, Lysol wipes... you name it, we got it. 

3. Appropriate "snackies"
As moms, we've all heard of the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast) diet for upset bellies, but after a couple of days of sticking to that, you want to stay in the "safe zone" but want to branch out a bit.  We were big fans of Oyster Crackers (because they are so much more fun to eat than regular saltines), Graham Crackers (Did you see Honey Maid made Despicable Me ones?!  Cute and fills bellies?! Yes, please.), Goldfish, and sometimes I jazzed up his toast to be cinnamon sugar yummies.

4. Our Favorite Sick Meal

This is not healthy, not nutritious, not good in anyway... except it's one of the best comfort foods and we always have it on hand for when we don't feel well.  Hub's mom used to give it to him when he was sick and my mom the same!  Aww. 


5. Comfies
When you're sicky, you've got to get your most comfy clothes out.  For me, I find the biggest sweats I can find, and usually one of hub's comfy old long sleeve shirts with these socks! A friend gave them to me in high school (clearly old and comfy).  Jackson opted for Christmas PJ's.  Whatever makes him happy, right?

6. Snuggles and Fave Shows
For me, it's reality tv, and for J... Chuggington... Chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugginton - oye.  I think I've seen just about every episode now. 
 
 
So what are some things that you do to battle the sickies?  What should we try?  Do you have any new tips for me?! 
 
Health and best wishes - TPD

1 comment: