Monday, March 24, 2014

I'll Be The Judge: Scandalous Looks for 24 Hours? I Dunno About That...

I love a good drugstore makeup find.  I love wandering around and finding one and telling people about a fabulous one I found! And one that is under $10??? Hollllerrrr.  When I saw Rimmel's ScandalEyes Gel Eyeliner that was supposed to last 24 hours, I was like oooo that sounds nice.  24 hours of nice rich color that doesn't run...  and is waterproof?  Sounds perfect-o (ala Chuggington).

Sorry for the stock photo.  I was majorly excited to rip into the package.  I should take a picture of it... my 18 month old would seem to do better. 
 
Where To Get: Drugstores, Ulta
How Much: Around $6, depending on where you look
What The Big-Wigs Say:
Up to 24 hours of rich, intense colour that doesn't flake, smudge, smear or run.
• Easy to apply, glides easily
• Professional brush for complete control to draw the lines you want

P.S., a brush?  I actually did use it.. it worked pretty well!

I swatched it on my hand, so you could see how rich and pigmented the color is.  So far, so good!
 
So, I put it on my eyes without a primer at 9 am.
 When I first put it on, I was like wow, this is nice!  It's so black and pigmented!  On the right picture, you can see it did smudge a little, even though I finished "all" my makeup before taking the picture.  So it takes a few minutes to set. 


My day was normal for me  and not too busy: had a playgroup, ran some errands, lots of snuggles, did a little Zumba (not a full class; just practiced a few songs)... nothing too strenuous. 

Here's this picture taken around 8:15 pm. 
You can definitely see it still, so that's always good. It's definitely faded, and in some places (inner eye) completely rubbed off, which is not so good.  It's not quite at pigmented as the beginning of the day, but it still shows potential. 

What do I mean by that?? Well, if I had a primer on (my favorite is Urban Decay's Primer Potion) it might have lasted longer  I mean, it lasted fairly well with no help, so I can only imagine a primer would be beneficial. 

I might not run out and tell my buds... or even strangers (that's not weird, is it?) about it... but it's definitely better than some drugstore brands I've tried. 

What do you think?  Will you be running out to grab it? 

On a side note... have you entered my giveaway?! Makeup Forever's Aqua Shadow Duo (a $40 value!)  Check it out!



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment