Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Which Type Of Naked Is Best For You?

These conversations have come up many, many, many times.  People ask me on a regular basis: Which Naked Palette is best for me?  Old, new, young, old, gurus, newbies -- everyone wants to know which of these amazing pieces of palettes is for me?  Which one is going to be more useful?  Which is going to be the biggest bang for my buck?

They are all equally amazing -- super good pigmentation and quality.  Over a primer, they all last incredibly well and the fact that they created so many different colored neutrals -- how can anyone resist?

Each of the palettes comes with 12 colors ranging from light to dark: at least two matte colors, cool tones and warm tones and shimmery/satin colors. Each of them also come with duo ended brush or a liner.

Let's Get To It!

Where To Get: Sephora, Ulta, Urbandecay.com
How Much: $54
What The Big-Wigs Say: This is a shadow palette EVERYONE can use, and a truly spectacular gift. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks, or sultry smokiness. With such a diversity of neutral shades at your fingertips, there's more to neutral than meets the eye.  (taken from Urbandecay.com)    
Just looking at them, it's easy to see that the original Naked palette is more golden-y bronze colors (with the exception of Gunmetal (gray/blue).  Naked 2 has a mixture of both warm and cool shades and Naked 3 is obviously rose golds getting warmer at the end.  They are all very different. Who knew there could be this many neutral colors?
 
All three palettes are very good and I can honestly say they are all something that you could use.  But... do you need all three?  Eh, not really.  Each of these can be argued into your collection, but if your significant other doesn't see the reason for having three 50+ palettes, which do you choose?
 
Alright! Stop harassing me!  I'll tell youuuuu!  If you had to choose one and only one, I would say go with Naked 2.  (This is just my opinion.)  It has the biggest range of colors and has the most cool/tone colors.  If you want a light everyday look, stay on the left side of the palette.  A darker, weekend look?  Stay to the right side? 
 
So there you have it.  My outlook on the three palettes.  Do you have all three?  Which is your fave or would you like to try?


Also, check out my Facebook Page for my Makeup Artistry Business -- Sometimes I'll post beauty things there that may not be long enough for a blog post!


                   

2 comments: