Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Little Solution for Picky Eaters

I don't know about you, but my little 19 month old bugaloo likes to play.  He likes playing and playing and playing and when it comes to eating... well he'd rather play than eat.  He's not necessarily a picky eater-- more like a picky meal-er.  What do I mean by that?  He will try anything we put in front of him (he loves broccoli and green beans; freak!), but sometimes he doesn't want to sit in his high chair and eat.  It's happened more lately than in the past and it happens when he's really into playing outside.  So I had to think... what is going to make eating more... fun?

TAAADAA-- Muffin Tin Meals

This works best with a 6-er because it's what fits best on the tray, but a big mini muffin tin works well too.  In this one he had grapes, strawberries, shredded cheese, multigrain crackers, whole grain cheerios and a few mini m&ms we got from an egg hunt earlier that day. 
I love to do this when he's been particularly picky and I don't know why this makes a difference, but it does.  I like to stick with a couple grains, dairy, fruits/veggies and then a special little treat.  I normally do a veggie in there instead of one of the fruits, but little man needed a little... um... fruit boost lol. 
 
 
Some other ideas that I've used I the muffin tin meal with are:
Grilled Cheese/Sandwich Pieces
Goldfish
Any cereal
Yogurt
Deli Meat Rolls
Fruits/Veggies
Dips for the fruits or veggies
Vanilla Wafers/Mini Cookies
Honestly, really anything you can fit in a little tin
 
 
It doesn't have to be just finger foods either.  You can do your meal and just break it out amongst the muffin tins to make the meal a little more different, exciting and special!

Clearly this little man approved with his cheese face!
 
 
What about you?  Have you tried muffin tin meals?  What's your favorite thing to put in them?

No comments:

Post a Comment