Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sometimes It's Good To Love A Lush - Lippies

If you've read my blog before, you know I complain that my lips have been redic dry lately.  Like ridiculously dry.  I even talked to my doctor about it the last time I had my yearly appointment.  She said I could get rid of any itchy-ness with alcohol wipes.  Geesh.  I cringe thinking about it.  Although, it did get rid of the itches, I wanted to think of some other way to help it out.  I didn't want to keep wiping alcohol wipes on my mouth.  Cuz, quite frankly, it friggen hurt lol.   

The other day I wrote about how I finally went into a Lush Handmade Cosmetics store and was wow-ed by their fresh facial mask.  They also make tons of other products like soaps, fizzy bath bombs and gelles.  While browsing, I also found an all natural lip scrub... that you could eat...!  What?! I had to try it! 

I took their little testing scoop of "Mint Julips" (they also had Bubblegum and Popcorn) and scrubbed scrubbed away.  Um... YUM.  I can't even believe that this was supposed to be good for my mouth!  They were super soft and all the gross dry flakes were gone.  I wish I could've taken a before and after because I was blown away by how "back to normal" my lips felt.  I also put on their lip balm right after, which you can get in tinted or untinted and my lips felt back to their super softness. 

I have been doing it before bed every night and I literally have no complaints about my lips being dry again!  I cannot recommend these two products any higher!  They are fabulous and I LOVE that I understand what every single ingredient is! 


Where To Get: Sold in Lush stores or lushusa.com
How Much: Mint Julips - $9.95 for 0.9 oz;  Lip Service $7.95 for 0.3 oz.
What The Big-Wigs Say: 
Mint Julips: Just like the scrumptious cocktail served in hot southern summers, Mint Julips is packed full of fresh peppermint and sweet castor sugar. Peppermint is responsible for that 'tingly feeling' you get after brushing your teeth or using lip balm, so we thought it would make a perfect addition to our lip scrub! Plus, it makes Mint Julips tastes like a big, creamy bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

 Lip Service: We've been making Lip Service for more than a decade, and it is still hugely popular because the rich, creamy texture softens lips, but heels, toes, cuticles and elbows too! Lip Service has a magical mixture of moisturizing olive oil, cocoa and shea butters, plus tangerine oil to tone. This butterybalm makes light work of softening up dry lips, especially in the winter. One of our first ever formulas, Lip Service has stood the test of time and remains one of our most popular balms.(lushusa.com)
In all their glooooryyyy.

Ingredients for the lip balm:  Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Apricot Kernel Oil (Prunus armeniaca) , Glycerine , Beeswax (Cera alba) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata) , Flavor , *Limonene , *Linaloo

 


The sugar granules were big enough to remove dead skin, but not too big to get everywhere.   
Uh ya... the "how to" says to "LICK OFF THE EXCESS".  Okayyyyyy!  And check out all these ingredients... that you can understannnnd: Castor Sugar , Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia) , Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta) , Peppermint Oil (Menthapiperita) Limonene   
 
If you were like me this winter and suffered from cactus lippies, really!!!!, try this out!  I promise you will not be disappointed!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        



 

No comments:

Post a Comment