Monday, April 14, 2014

A Tan... For a Million Dollars?!

I don't know about you, but I think everyone looks better with a tan.  Everyone... errrrr... especially me.  I know with an Asian background, some people think I have nothing to complain about, but there's something to be said for a pale Asian.

I have purchased many different kinds of self tanners.  There are so many different kinds out there!  Foams, mousses, airbrush, instant, lotions, yah, yah, yah.  And now that I'm a mommy, there's really no time to lounge around waiting for my self tanner to dry... and really... that smell... could do with that.  And my summertime lounging is lonnnng over!

And then, on instagram (aka half my reason for insomnia), I found all these people posting about "Million Dollar Tan".  I was like "errr, I'm a stay at home mom... I don't have a million dollars, but daaaaang that tan looks nice!"  Well fortunately for me, it's not really a million dollars -- color me embarrassed... AND TANNNNN!




What the Big Wigs Say:
Cabana Tan Extreme: Cabana Tan Extreme is the same great color combination as our original Cabana Tan, but in Extreme form.  It still goes on clear for ease of use, but packs a punch when it comes to color. Your color will develop over the next few hours and will last at least a week. Make sure you wait 6-8 hours before you shower and keep your skin well moisturized.
Tan Icon Extreme: Tan Icon Extreme is Million Dollar Tan to the Extreme.  This formulation was designed for those with a naturally darker skin tone or those that wish to be ultra dark.  Use this product just like our regular Tan Icon solution.  Spritz directly onto the skin and use the brush to blend or add into your normal body lotion.  The brush is included!
If you want to be ultra bronzed and ultra glamourous, this is the way to go!
Body Buffer: Use Body Buffer in the shower before your sunless tanning session. Gently rub into the skin, head to toe, to remove the dead skin cells on the outer layer of skin. Leaves skin fresh and clean.
Where You Can Buy: Milliondollartan.com/amazon.com (if you're lucky, hautelook!)
Cost: $56.00 (for the kit) (each bottle was 8 oz.)

I found a set of MDT on Hautelook and I himmed and hawed for a day or so before I decided: if I wanted it, this was the time.  I got the Tan Icon Extreme (which is a solution), which you apply with a foam brush, and Cabana Tan Extreme Lotion.  What I actually have been doing was spraying the solution in my lotion and applying it as a lotion.  (Don't ask me why I didn't just use the lotion... sometimes I do things that I even question.)  It also came with a yummy peppermint scrub to use before self tanning. 

I had applied it for two days all over my body... and not on one leg.  In the beginning, I thought this would be a great idea to show you guys the results!... except for the fact that it worked super well... and I had to walk around with one tan leg and one not tan leg.  And it's been super nice here... soooo capris it was... one tan leg and all.   But I wanted you to see the results, so have a little peek!

Check meowt!  The right leg is after just two days of using Million Dollar Tan! (Don't mind the dark spot under my knee... my knees get fairly dark when they get tan.) 
 
I loved this because it didn't smell, it wasn't orange-y, which is a big fear for first time self tanners, and it dried fast enough for me to not worry about staining my beloved capris! If you want a nice tan that isn't orange or stinky (lol), try Million Dollar Tan!
 
What about you?  Have you tried Million Dollar Tan?  Have you loved your cabana darkness??

No comments:

Post a Comment