Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sometimes It's Good To Love a Lush -- Catastrophe Cosmetic

I've been pretty lucky with my skin (thanks ma and pa!), and I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best at taking care of it.  I want to have great skin -- illuminating, poreless and "oooooooh", but I guess if eating junk and lounging around in my spare time isn't what it takes to have good skin, I ain't gonna have it.   Ever since I had my little guy, my skin hasn't been the same as it was before bebe.  I have some under the skin bumps, have been super oily and my luminosity has, well, dulled. 

And in walks LUSH brand.  If you've never heard of Lush, it's fresh handmade cosmetics. Lush uses fruit and vegetables, essential oils, synthetic ingredients, honey and beeswax in their products. In addition to not using animal fats in their products, they are also against animal testing and perform tests with volunteers instead!  How much better can it get?


Where To Get: This mask is only sold in Lush Stores -- although you can buy  other items online, you cannot purchase this mask.
How Much: $6.95 for 2.1 oz -- 3 weeks of masks
What The Big-Wigs Say: 
Prevent disasters by taking regular care of your skin with our deep-cleansing, nutrient-rich blueberry mask. The little blue bulbs are packed with vitamins, and blended into calamine, rose absolute and chamomile blue oil to soothe redness, irritation and cleanse the skin without stripping it of its natural oils. This one is wonderfully soothing on sensitive skin. Treat your face to Catastrophe Cosmetic as often as you can to keep your skin looking its best. (Lushusa.com)




I spoke with the worker and she suggested some of the Fresh Face Masks.  They can only be purchased in the store, and they have to be refrigerated! 

Hey! You sneaky mask, you!


"When disaster looms, Catastrophe Cosmetic calms and cleanses the skin.  Blueberries rich in anti-oxidants, soothing chamomile, irish moss, and its gentle cleansing action of calamine saves the day."
 
 I can't even explain how great this smells!



Hey Sheldon, thanks for putting fresh ingredients in there that I could actually read!

Ooooo, very avatar-ian. I had to keep myself from licking my face.  Nomnomnom.
 
After I quickly painted my toes, I ran to the bathroom to gently clean my face.  I can't stop touching it!! (which I think is another face no-no).  So soft and so smooth.  My face did not get tight at all while or after using it.  I also noticed that although my skin did not look luminous, but it was definitely more even and matte.
 
**The only "vice" I have about this product is that you cannot order it.  You must be near a store to purchase.  You have to keep it in the fridge so that it stays fresh.  If you do not use it in the 3  week allotment, you have to chuck it out because the fresh ingredients are no longer... um... fresh.**
 
I would definitely recommend anyone to try this out if you live near a Lush.  If you don't you can try it, but expect to fall in love with it and be sad because you can't get it online!
 
Have you tried anything from Lush before?

No comments:

Post a Comment