Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday Thoughts + Debbie's Update


This may seem a little silly, but I have been following Jennifer from Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for quite some time, and I feel like she has had some sort of play in my starting to blog.  I'm linking up with her for Thursday Thoughts -- check below to see my silliness.

  • Call me dorky... silly... loser... whatever, but I really get excited when I check my stats for my blog each day and see my amount of views go up!  I run into the room and tell hubs, who thoroughly acts as excited as I am about it.  (He puts up a great front considering he thinks the internet is a fad.)  I can't believe people want to read about lil' 'ol me!  But please, continue and share with your friends!

  • I went to a children's consignment shop about 40 minutes away yesterday and got a few toys and such to bring to my parents house to leave there when we visit.  Baby J is obsesssssed with trucks lately and I found about 20 John Deere trucks, bagged/binded together for $10.  For anyone who doesn't know about John Deere, they are like the Cristal of trucks. What a steal! Right?? WRONNNNNG... They all were missing their tires or shovels/plows, which I didn't notice until after J was playing/loving on our new find.  So not only did I have to take back my child's  truck love (which I had to steal back from him while he napped with it!), I had to drive 40 minutes to do it. 
For realllll?
 
  • My lips have been on FIRE lately.  Chapped, cracking and even turning white.  It's quite attractive.  Even my beloved EOS is no help.  Someone told me it was dehydration... I drank more.  Someone told me it was a fungus... I stopped telling people. 

  • It has been so cold here the last couple days.  I know, I know... stop complaining.  But our ground is so frozen the ice from my car/to my mailbox/to my house is about an inch thick.  I am perfecting my penguin walk every time I go to my car/mailbox/etc., but I feel like NO ONE else (hubs, visitors, mailpeople, etc.) is having a problem. 

  • Our custom made thank you cards finalllllly came in the mail (we got married in December...), and now that they are here we are so excited!  About the writing of the thank you cards... not so much.  Meh.

  • For anyone that has a one level, small house, don't you feel like when you put your sleeping baby/toddler to bed, all noises multiple by 90384873586 decibels?  I know nothing of decibels, but I feel as though that may be an accurate number. 




Last night, I tried to Deborah Lippman Gel Lab (click here to go to the blog post about it) and after a full 24 hours, here are the finger poses:


I am a righty, but there doesn't seem to be a major difference between the two hands.  On my left there's a little chip on my ring finger, as well as my pinky.  Minor wear is visible on my middle finger.  On my right, my right hand has a good sized chip in it and my middle finger has a little wear.  Neither of my thumbs have any chips/show signs of wear. 

I'm pretty impressed considering all I was a little rougher on my hands today than I usually am:  Two showers, scrubbed the bathtub, did some kettlebell/weight work, taught a fitness class. 

Would I recommend?  I'm pretty impressed, especially because my nails literally chip hours later. But I'm not completely sold yet. It also could be user error; I could've not capped my nail tips that well or not really covered the top coat as well as I could've. 

Check in tomorrow for another update! -TPD

No comments:

Post a Comment