Sunday, February 23, 2014

Makeup for Mommy (Part 1)

Being a mommy is tiring and very busy work.  Sometimes it takes a lot of effort to keep the little ones entertained, that there's little effort left for yourself.  But sometimes  you need to take a little time to make yourself feel good, too.  For me, if I put a little makeup on my sleep deprived face, I instantly feel more confident and can face the world looking more like a person in society and less like a person who semi-sleeps because their ears are always on listening for a noisy, but cute mini tenant in the room next door.  We will do this in two parts - face today and rest tomorrow!


So... drumroll... as I present... my...
MOMMY MAKEUP KIT KIT KIT!
(That was supposed to be like an echo.)
 
 
Now, please, do not judge.  I do not reach for these EVERYDAY.  These are the things I reach for on a regular basis for an everyday look.  I by no means think that everyone needs all these things, but being a mom and being a freelance, part-time makeup artist show no difference in my life.  As you can see there are a mixture of higher end and drugstore products.  There are some things in my collection that I think are important to use higher end products, but I love me some bargain beauty, too!
 
Disclosure: I paid for all of these products with my own money and I was not sent any of these items for review/monetary benefit.  I really do love and use these products. 
 
 
Let's take a closer peek at these amazing products for our face!
 
1. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector Bb Cream, Combination To Oily Skin ($12) - This says it does all these super-dee-duper things (evens tone, hydrates, renews, protects, and brightens), but I use it because it's lightweight and it helps create an even canvas for the work of art I create on my face. 
 
2. Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer, Brightener ($8) - Do you need any explanation for why we would need this?  I think not.  However, I use the brightener.  They also have a neutralizing color, as well as colors for your skin tone.
 
3. TOO FACED Matte Bronzing Power - Chocolate Soleil ($15-$30) - I love this bronzer to give my round face a little contouring.  It may be a little dark for some skin tones, but I love it! Plus, it smells like... chocolate!
 
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW ($18) - When I was in high school, I went a little tweeze happy, and they never really came back right.  Boo.  This stuff staaaaays.  After all day with Baby J, plus teaching a Zumba class, I still have to remove it at the end of the day!
 
5. MAC Powder Blush in Gingerly   ($18) - I once read somewhere that you should not leave the house without blush.  This is the one that Kim Kardashian supposedly uses.  I'll let you make your own judgment of that statement.
 
6. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer ($6) - Admittedly, I'm not a brand brat with moisturizer.  However, I do like that this one has a little salicylic acid in it because after I teach a class, my pores can still be a little clogged with yuck. 
 
7. The Balm In Stain Blush Argyle Blush ($17) - I actually have three of these, but this is the one I reach for the most.  They are longwearing and leave behind a natural "Nooooo... I'm-not-wearing-blush" stained look. 
 
 
 
So what about you?  What do you wear to make your face look a little more alive?  Do you guys want some swatches? 
 
See you tomorrow for Part II! Kisses & Hugs - TPD
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment