Monday, February 24, 2014

Mommy Makeup Kit - Round 2

Yesterday I showed you my little arsenal of makeup that I use on a regular basis to bring me back from a sleep deprived dead look.  I call it the "Mommy Makeup Kit".  We covered face basics yesterday and today we are covering eyes/lips. 


I have quite a bit of variation here with my products for eyes, but tend to stick with neutrals that don't bring too much focus.  However, I like to rock a mean smokey eye, preferably with glitter. 

As I said yesterday: Now, please, do not judge.  I do not reach for these EVERYDAY.  These are the things I reach for on a regular basis for an everyday look.  I by no means think that everyone needs all these things, but being a mom and being a freelance, part-time makeup artist show no difference in my life.  As you can see there are a mixture of higher end and drugstore products.  There are some things in my collection that I think are important to use higher end products, but I love me some bargain beauty, too!
 
Disclosure: I paid for all of these products with my own money and I was not sent any of these items for review/monetary benefit.  I really do love and use these products. 
 
Here's our eyes/lips!
 
 
1. Urban Decay Naked Palettes (1 & 2 -- No, I do not own 3!!) ($52) -- These are the perfect neutral palettes and are so crazy pigmented and easy to use (even for the beginning makeup lover). And thank you to my sister for giving me letting me borrow the original palette and I just haven't returned it.  "Oops."
2. Wet & Wild Silent Treatment Palette ($7) -- Here's another little neutral palette, which I bought specifically because of the taupe color.  It's amazingly pigmented and is a wonderful everyday color.   The other two colors (the pink and black) are meh.  The black has goldish glitter and is quite chalky and the pink I can barely even see.  But the taupe... wowieee worth the seven!
3. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Dollar Lashes ($7) -- Mascara is mascara to me.  I have not found one that I need to have and don't believe in spending more on a super expensive one that needs to be thrown out after a couple months.  That being said, I did buy two in a row of this one, which is big for me!
4. Jordana Fabuliner Bold ($4) - Nope, not a typo!  Only four bucks for this thing!  If you can write with a pen, you can use this liner; perfect for that cat eye.  It's nice and dark, and stays put for a good amount of time, just make sure you let it dry.
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Shadow Pencil in Mushroom ($20) -- I love these pencils and cannot find them anymore at my local Ulta or Sephora.  This one is an amazing colored taupe that I use as a liner to add a little color to my lid that's a little different than your everyday black.  It stays put and don't get me started about pigmentation. 
6. L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner ($8) - This is a great eyeliner that I use on my upper waterline.  It is so pigmented and makes my lashes look fuller.  I wouldn't use it on my lid though because when I did try that, it smudged like a motha. 
7. NYX Butter Gloss in Éclair ($6) - These glosses are so creamy and not sticky at all and create just enough pigment to add that pretty glossy color.  I use it if I want to be fancy... for my 17 month old son. 
8. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded ($6) - Color tattoos are amazing and I have a bunch of them, but I reach for this the most. Sometimes I use them as a primer to make an eyeshadow more pigmented, but more often than not, I just use them as is.  It's perfect for covering up my aging vein-y lids.
9. EOS Medicated Lip Balm in Tangerine ($3) - If you haven't heard of EOS lip balms, you might've been under a rock.  They are everywhere and Walgreens even created a generic kind.  I have them all over the house in case if I'm one room and need a EOS pick-me-up.  Also, I don't now if all EOS' are medicated, but this orange one is! It even says so.
10.  Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in #13 ($28) - I use this just like my Maybelline product.  It's creamy, easy to use, and stays pretty well.  Pigmentation is okay, but it needs to be layered up. 
 
What do you think?  Interested in trying some of these products?  Need to know how to use any or these or see swatches?  What sort of things do you guys use? 
 
 
Kisses & Hugs - TPD
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment