Thursday, May 8, 2014

A Manicure Worthy of Red Carpets

If you know me, you know the struggle is real with my nails.  I am forever trying new things for them because they always chip.  It doesn't matter if I use a high end products or drugstore beauties, always chips... and almost immediately.  I spend all that time doing my nails and half an hour later - BAM nail tragedy. 

I fell in love with "Shellac" manicures.  I say "Shellac" because someone told me that Shellac is a specific term -- it's technically called a gel manicure-- either way, you get it; I loved it.  But $25 every two weeks, plus a tip was not in my budget.  And that's not even paying for removal!  So when I found out that Ulta was carrying a line of at home manicures, I was ecstatic at the thought of being able to do this on my own, in my own home, at my own leisure. (And by the way, doing my non-dominant hand was harder than I expected!) But I loved that it was super easy to do! 

Where To Get: Ulta or Target
How Much: $79.99
What The Big Wigs Say: The RCM Gel Polish Pro Kit contains everything you need for a professional salon gel manicure in the comfort of your home. Our RCM Professional LED Light is especially designed to efficiently cure RCM Structure, LED Gel Polish and Brilliance in seconds. The Red Carpet - ready manicure will last weeks of long wear and shine.
The Pro Kit Comes With:
Professional LED Light - LED Gel-Curing Light (AC Power Cord Adapter Included).
  • Prep - MAX ADHESION PREP
  • Structure - BASE COAT GEL
  • Brilliance - SEAL & SHINE TOP COAT GEL
  • Revitalize - NOURISHING CUTICLE OIL
  • Red Carpet Reddy - LED Gel Polish
  • Purify - PRE & POST APPLICATION CLEANSER
  • Erase - GEL NAIL POLISH REMOVER
  • RCM Instructions Card

  • There is another kit, which is $20 less than this kit, however, this one has a much better LED light, which is more efficient for the manicure.

     
     
    1. Clean and shape your nails and push back cuticles and then "purify" your nails.
    2. Use "Prep" to remove debris/oil from nails.
    3. Use a thin layer of "Structure" and set under lamp to cure (45 seconds).
    4. Depending on your preferred opacity, apply thin layers of your chosen Red Carpet polish color and cure for 45 seconds between each later.  I personally like to apply my fingers first and then thumbs separately.  I feel like you can cure your thumbs more efficiently when you have just your thumbs in there. 
    5. Apply a thin layer of "Brilliance" and cure.
    6. After curing, use "Purify" to remove stickiness of Brilliance. 
     
    LOVE:
    • The whole process takes about 20 minutes and my favorite is when you're done... IT'S DRY!  A mommy's favorite!
    • It can definitely last two weeks and probably would if I didn't get so bored with the color... but imagine that!? Getting bored of your color; that never happened with regular polish. 
    •  I also love that you can use any gel polish with this -- Sensational, Gelish, whatever!
    • Each of the polishes are about $10 -- not too much more than a high end product. 
    HATE:
    • The removal process; you're supposed to use cotton balls soaked in acetone for 10+ minutes, but it always takes me longer and then you have to peel it away with an orange stick.  I usually peel the color off.  Oopsies. 
    • There's not a huge variety of colors in the Red Carpet Manicure Line.  If you want a specific trendy color, they are a little behind the trend. (Click here to see some swatches of the current lines.)
     
     
    Here's my most recent manicure!  This is day one, I'll keep you updated!
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment